The Alberta Cancer Foundation is working with EY’s Sustainability Services team to understand how we can increase our commitment to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) in a way that is aligned to our values as an organization, the values of our partners, as well as the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Through this work, we will identify opportunities to reduce the environmental impacts of our event and strengthen the social impacts we have in the communities in which we support.
We are committed to:
- A full recycling programs at the start/finish, festival and pit stop locations.
- Recyclable and compostable items throughout the event wherever possible.
- Mitigating waste and reduce packaging with our catering partners.
- Self-serve water stations.
- Donating leftover food items to local shelters.
- Donating leftover swag items and clothing to community groups and charities.
- Reducing our carbon footprint for The Tour and for those participating in The Tour weekend.
The Alberta Cancer Foundation is committed to More Life for all Albertans facing cancer, no matter where they live or the type of cancer they are facing. From the Canmore mountains to the canola fields in Lloydminster – we support leading edge treatment, care and research that is making a difference for cancer patients in communities across the province. Sustainability allows us to run an efficient tour, passing more funds on to those patients, all the while keeping their communities clean and beautiful.